About Forbidden Depths
Welcome to the home of Forbidden Depths!
What if you could play a roguelike in 3D, like ye olde first person dungeon crawlers?
Forbidden Depths combines the design of the classic roguelike, with the gameplay of the first-person dungeon crawlers of old. The game will have the following features:
- Single Player
- Turn Based Combat
- Grid Based Movement
- Randomly Generated Dungeons
- Randomly Generated Traps/Puzzles/Secrets
- Keys/Switches/Pressure Plates, secret doors/walls
- Environment that affects enemies as well as you, in both good and bad ways (traps affect enemies)
- Different enemies with different abilities. (oozes can squeeze through things, ghosts ignore walls)
- Polymorphic items. A potion or scroll will be unique in each game instance.
- Permanent Death!
- Simple intuitive controls
- Full 3D graphics and animation
- Multiple Platforms:
. Windows PC
- Possible Future Platforms:
. Mac OS X
. Windows Phone 8
As with all early development, this may not represent the final product, but we sure hope it comes close!
However, if you can't wait to get your graphical roguelike fix, I highly recommend Pixel Dungeon or Delver.